Sarah Christensen Fu started Hey, Sarah! in 2012 and works with a wide range of clients, from large international publishing houses to medium-sized book packagers to individual authors.
Content creation (including video, photo, social media posts, curation, quotes), web design, social media schedules and account set-up, eBook conversion, and ad campaigns are all vital parts of online marketing strategy. Hey, Sarah! can help teach you to be an online marketing guru, and turn your ideas for online outreach into reality FAST.
Sarah’s philosophy: Social media is truly a social science. When we understand your authentic values and your audience’s values, we create a clear path to the messages that will be successful and sustainable.
- Published author of children’s non-fiction books for Scholastic Book Fairs, of Bad Birthdays: The Truth Behind Your Crappy Sun Sign for HarperCollins UK, of Baby Sign Language for Thunderbay Press, and adult fiction for Simon & Schuster under the pen name Sarah Steding (see: A Diet to Die For)
- Hey, Sarah! Clients (past and present) include MJ Rose, American Book Packagers Association, Red Wheeler/Weiser Books, HarperCollins, Frederator Books, Penguin, RandomHouse, Blue Rider Press, Simon & Schuster, Quayside, Race Point Publishing, Booksales USA, The Philip Lief Group, The Book Shop, Ltd., and individual authors.
Past Professional Experience:
- Online Marketing Manager at Simon & Schuster (New York, New York): April 2010 – January 2012
- Online Content development at Penguin Books (New York, New York): March 2008 – April 2010
- Book Layout, Design & Production at Schneider Sales Management, Inc. (Denver, Colorado): October 2001 – January 2006
Partners and Projects:
- Race Point Publishing Create content based on incredibly cool Race Point Publishing titles for social media. RPG books include Middle-earth Envisioned, Shoegasm, Anatomy of Steampunk, The Who’s Who of Doctor Who, and many, many more.
- Caroline Apovian, M.D. Social media work with Caroline Apovian, M.D. to promote her book The Overnight Diet, Diet Smoothies, and Metabolism Reboot
- Barbara Taylor Bradford Design and ebook conversion work with Barbara Taylor Bradford on her book Living Romantically Everyday
- American Book Packagers Association: Designed web site (abpaonline.org) using Wild Apricot content management system
- #1 NYT BESTSELLER Paula Deen: Paula Deen has an excellent team to help with online content. Together with Paula’s team, Simon & Schuster planned and executed a video contest promoted to 1m+ Facebook fans. The contest resulted in increased awareness and drove significant traffic to retailer pages, and contributed to The Southern Cooking Bible hitting #1 on theNew York Times bestseller list.
- #1 NYT BESTSELLER Mary Higgins Clark: Mary Higgins Clark’s readership is enormous. S&S was able to combine multiple fan pages to reach more than 150k fans. With continued engagement and promotion, that large base has since grown to 250k! I featured the entire Mary Higgins Clark backlist on a tab, increasing awareness and retailer click-throughs for these older titles at no additional advertising or marketing cost.
- @SIMONSCHUSTER: By creating a schedule of engaging updates for Simon & Schuster’s corporate Twitter account, I increased followers, engagement, and click-throughs from the Twitter feed.
- The 10 Essential Penguin Classics: After completing a short training course in video and post-production techniques, I was able to script, direct, shoot, and edit a great short film for Penguin Books called The 10 Essential Penguin Classics. This video became the backbone to a larger promotion that was celebrated by readers of great literature everywhere. I also was awarded a “David” prize, the annual awards show for excellence at Penguin.
- MA in Media, Culture & Communication, New York University’s Steinhart School, 2008
- BA in Communication & Ethics, University of Colorado, Denver Campus, 2006
- AA in Multimedia Visual Communication, Collins College, 2001