Your book name or your author name? A division name or a company name? Choosing what to name your Facebook fan page is a big decision, because Facebook won’t allow you to change it down the road.
Here are some factors to help you decide:
- Do you have a business, organization, or product, in addition to your book?
- What type of fan do you hope to attract?
- What action do you want your fans to take today? What about next year?
- What types of ad campaigns might you like to run?
- What do the next three to five years look like for your brand?
- What type of content do you plan to share on your Facebook fan page?
By answering these questions, you can get an idea of what type of fan page you should start.
On the face, without any additional information, I usually recommend that authors start a fan page for themselves, using their name, that can accumulate fans and be used to promote multiple titles over an authors’ career.
Get started creating your page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.phpby